St. Teresa School- Home of the Tigers!
Week of: June 24th to 28th, 2019
Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations Theme: “I AM A LEARNER FOR LIFE”
Umbrella Project: HOPE!
Website: Please sign up for email notifications/visit our website at https://stteresak.wcdsb.ca/
Twitter: follow us https://twitter.com/stktigers
Cash Online Full Implementation-Fall 2019
Beginning in September, all or almost all money collection and permission forms for trips will be through “Cash Online”. This is the Board mandated service that all schools, including secondary school, are using. Please visit the following website to sign up for cash online if you haven’t already. https://wcdsb.schoolcashonline.com/Home/SignIn Our school has had some items through paper and Cash Online. This will become all “Cash Online” in the fall of 2019. Please sign up as soon as possible if you haven’t already. Please call the school and let us know of any concerns or difficulties you may have signing up. Please see the attachment for sign-up details. Thank-you!
Please note: Cash is still being collected for Pizza Days and field trips/special events until the end of June.
Dear Tiger Families,
Thank-you for another wonderful year of learning and growing together! We are very proud of the accomplishments we have made this year, and we wish all of you blessings for a restful and relaxing summer!
Two staff notes that are not included in the letter coming home in the letter with report cards on Tuesday are included here.
First, we say farewell to Mrs. Jewer who will be transferring to St. Nicholas in September. We thank her for all her efforts with our youngest students over the past 2 years and we wish Mrs. Jewer all the best. A special thank-you for helping to lead the choir this year as well!
We also say farewell to Mrs. Schaefer, who will be moving to Holy Rosary School in September. We thank-you for the last 8 years of service to the youngest students at St. Teresa. A special thank-you for all your efforts in the extended day program as well. Your cheerful approach and flexibility are appreciated!
We wish Mrs. Jewer and Mrs. Shaefer all of God’s blessings as they continue in their journeys in education!
Monday, June 24th, 2019.
- A reminder that Pizza Money is due tomorrow. No late orders please.
- Grade 8 Graduation. All are invited. Mass begins at 6pm in the Church. Congratulations to all our Grade 8 Students and to their families! Celebrate!
Tuesday, June 25th,, 2019.
- Pizza Money Due today. No late orders. Pizza/Hot lunch days will all be done on “Cash-online” next year. Please see the message above and sign up if you haven’t already. Thank-you! Permission forms will also be on Cash Online for field trips next year.
- Report Cards go home today-please return the signed 3rd page tomorrow(Wednesday)
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
- Pizza Day!
- Today is Beach Day! Bring a toonie and dress for the beach! Prizes! Beach Day 2019 is Coming
- Grade 1 and Grade 5/6 class to Breithaupt Park for cooperative games.
Thursday, June 27th, 2019
- End of year Assembly- 10:45am-in the gym
Friday, June 28th, 2019.
- End of the year mass at the Church, 9:40am. JK/SK’s from Ms. Chaney, Mrs. Pickett, and Mrs. Schaefer’s class are leading us. All are welcome! Thank-you to Father Gil for celebrating with us so often this year!
- Wear Red and White today to Celebrate Canada Day on July 1st!
- Last Day of school! Dismissal is at regular time, 3:50pm. School resumes for Students in Grades 1-8 on Tuesday, September 3rd at 9:20am. JK and SK students do not start on the first day back. Communication on these start times will be sent to the parents.
- There might be a short “cooling off” activity at last recess today…
- Have a great summer Tigers!
Our Parish, St. Teresa of Avila website. Please click for more information
Have a great week Tigers and a Great Summer!
If you are moving or your child(ren) will not be returning in September, please call the school as soon as possible to help us with class lists. Thank-you!