St. Teresa Families,
Several reminders for this week.
A reminder that the Angel tree continues until Wednesday of this week. Our Christmas food drive continues this week as well. Thank-you!
Christmas Craft Sale!
(some changes for this year for all students/families)
Our Christmas craft sale is an annual tradition at St. Teresa School that dates back many, many years. This year it is held on Wednesday, December 18th. The students get to come to the gym and “shop” for gifts for their family members during a time with their class. All classes from JK to Grade 8 are included! Times will be assigned to classes early next week. This year, instead of students bringing money to the school, all purchases must be done on School Cash Online by the end of next Monday, December 16th. Cards will be sold online for $5.00 each. Each card allows a student to purchase $5.00 worth of Christmas craft sale items as well as 10 raffle tickets for the raffle prizes. No money will be refunded due to the nature of the online purchasing of the cards.
Here’s an example of how it will work for parents and students:
- A parent goes onto School Cash Online and logs into their son/daughter’s name. Cash online sign up instructions If you have more than one child you will have to do these steps multiple times. Listed on School Cash Online is the Christmas Craft sale with amounts. $5, $10, $15, $20, and a donation of $5.00 for anyone willing to donate a card to another student in the school who might not otherwise be able to participate.
- The parent chooses the dollar amount listed and pays online.
- The school receives this information, and the cards are printed at the school. The cards and raffle tickets will be distributed the morning of the Christmas craft sale to the students in little baggies.
- The students use these to do their shopping. No cash money will be collected on the Christmas Craft Sale date. No refunds. Sorry!
- The students will be given time to wrap their gifts at school. Parents are encouraged to send wrapping paper and especially clear tape for their children to do this. It’s a wonderful tradition that the students really enjoy! They love helping each other as well. It’s a wonderful community day here at St. Teresa School!
Anyone wanting to help volunteer for this day in the gym, or even part of the day is asked to call either Mrs. Lavigne or Mrs. Schaefer at the office- (519)743-2131. We ask that volunteers not ask to help out in their own child’s classrooms during the Christmas present wrapping on this day as often the presents purchased are for mom’s and dad’s and we wouldn’t want to ruin any Christmas surprises! We are still accepting items for this day, especially raffle prizes and items for dads/grandpas, etc. like “soap on a rope, mugs, etc.
Thank-you once more for being a wonderfully supportive and caring community. It’s incredible here at St. Teresa School!